Treatment for Headaches From Our Trusted Chiropractor in Livonia, MI
Mild headaches can affect just about anyone, but when a headache goes on for an extended period of time, keeps reoccurring, or reaches an intensity that makes it hard to function, then it is time to seek medical care. As your chiropractor in Livonia, MI, we are your resource for headache relief – treatment options that are effective, while carrying minimal side effects. Please contact us now to learn more.
What Causes Headaches?
Headaches are a complex subject, one that the medical community has still yet to fully understand. Some headaches, such as tension headaches, have causes that we can usually track down – stress, muscle tension, spinal misalignment, etc. – while other headaches, including migraines, have causes that are harder to grasp. Fortunately, chiropractic care has been shown to help with a variety of headaches, even when we are not able to fully explain why the headaches are occurring.
Common headaches include:
- Tension Headaches - Tension in the neck and back can lead to pain in the head. The pain can show up on the sides, the back, the front or the top of the head, or behind the eyes or temples. It may be the result of pinched nerves, stiff muscles, disc issues or some other cause. By addressing the tension and imbalance in the body, chiropractic treatments are capable of lessening and even eliminating tension headaches.
- Migraines - Migraines can cause different symptoms in different people, although there are some symptoms that are similar for many patients. Sensitivity to light, sensitivity to sound, nausea, and difficulty seeing clearly. Thus far the most effective treatments for migraines seem to be lifestyle changes, helping patients to avoid many of the common triggers that cause migraines.
Getting Help for Headaches
The treatment options we offer at our treatment center can help significantly with many types of headaches, particularly headaches caused by tension. By combining complementary treatments, we can help to lessen tension and ensure that your body is operating at its best. The treatments we offer for your headaches may include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments - The manual adjustment of your spine can do a great deal to lessen the tension in your body. Subluxations, or misalignments in your vertebrae, can put pressure on nerves in your spine and lead to muscle spasms and other health issues. Through realignment, we can relieve that pressure and encourage your body to relax.
- Massage Therapy - Massage is ideal for relaxing the muscles and soft tissues that support your spine and the rest of your skeletal system.
- Lifestyle Advice - Changing certain aspects of your lifestyle, like avoiding foods that trigger migraines, can be surprisingly effective for lessening your headache symptoms.
Schedule an Appointment in the Livonia MI Area
The best way to determine if chiropractic care can help with your headaches is to schedule an appointment in the Livonia, MI, area. Please give us a call at (734) 462-2262 today to set up a time for us to meet with you. Let us help you get some relief!